BMO Vancouver Marathon
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2017 BMO Vancouver Marathon! With your help, we raised $2,490 for adapted sport programs across British Columbia!
Registration for the 2018 BMO Vancouver Marathon is now open!
Interested in becoming a charity runner or wheeler for SportAbility? By competing the marathon, half-marathon, kids run, or relay for SportAbility, you will receive discounted rates for registration. All we ask is that each participant raise a minimum of $300 to go towards SportAbility programs.
Interested in participating as a SportAbility runner or wheeler? Here’s what to do!
1. Sign up for the BMO Vancouver Marathon using discounted charity rates
2. Set up a Fundraising page through our campaign
3. Raise a minimum of $300
4. Run or wheel the BMO Vancouver Marathon!
For those still interested in supporting SportAbility but not looking to participate in the marathon can still donate directly to SportAbility by visiting our fundraising page. Tax receipts will be issued for any donations made. We are also looking for volunteers to help us the day of the event. This is a great opportunity for friends and family of runners and wheelers to participate and give support! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us.
What happens to the money you raise?
Players and club volunteers
- 10% of the money you raised will cover the RUN4HOPE participation fee and other admin costs SportAbility incurs to be a part of this event
- 90% of the money will go towards your club via a grant
Friends and family
- If you are directly responsible for a friend or family member taking part in one of the distances then 10% of the money will go to admin fees (as above), 45% will go into your club and 45% will go into the wider developmental needs of your sport (this may include equipment purchase, provincial coach payment, tournament fees being off-set).
- For example, if a powersoccer player recruits someone to take part, 45% of that money will go into powersoccer development.
If you have any questions about your fundraising please contact us.
SportAbility hopes to encourage people of all abilities to participate in the race at any distance. Check out this video for official wheelchair use guidelines in the BMO Vancouver Marathon!