SportAbility offers individual or group ‘Try It’ opportunities for all of our sports. The opportunity and structure for a Try It differs with each sport (see each sport description below). Groups associated with our mandate – to provide persons with disabilities access to sport – may be exempt from costs associated to the Try It. However, donations are welcome for those who would like to give back to our association.
Please submit a request to find out more and book a session with us. SportAbility is also available to engage with community partners for presentation or event opportunities.
Why try an adaptive sport?
- Drive awareness about adaptive sport opportunities
- Be inclusive and integrative
- Introduce someone or a group to a sport for the first time
- It can be a great team building opportunity
- Because it is fun!
Previous examples of community engagement
- Boccia at Neuromotion Physiotherapy
- Boccia Game On Program / AIM Games
- Boccia School Visits
- Power Soccer at Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children
- Power Soccer at Douglas College Recreation Therapy course
- Para Ice Hockey with LifeMark
- Para Ice Hockey Showdown, schools, or hockey teams
- Para Ice Hockey Off Ice Sleds at UBC Adapted Sports Day
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Anyone can participate in our Try It opportunities! We offer opportunities for health clinics or centres, schools, community events, sport and corporate teams, and individuals seeking sport participation.
Follow us on social media: