policies & procedures
Code of Conduct & Ethics
- 1.0 Members are ambassadors of SportAbility and shall maintain high standards of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self-control and responsible behaviour, and consideration for others’ physical and emotional wellbeing.
- 2.0 Members shall treat others with respect and expect to be treated with respect in return.
- 3.0 Members must uphold the standards of Fair play, and exhibit a high level of sportsmanship and team spirit.
- 4.0 Members shall refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language
- 5.0 Members shall abide by the Policies and Procedures of SportAbility as presented in the association’s policy and procedure manual.
- 6.0 Members shall dress in the appropriate attire at all times, as directed by the Team Manager, and in keeping with the policies of SportAbility. Members shall maintain high personal hygiene standards.
- 7.0 Members are required to abide by curfew set by management staff and/or host organizing committee.
- 8.0 Any Member committing an act, which is considered an offence under the law, will be dealt with by the appropriate authorities.
- 9.0 All Members shall agree that: 9.1 They shall not possess or use any illegal drugs, excluding prescribed medical drugs, which shall be registered with the appropriate official prior to the event. The use of performance enhancing drugs is strictly banned.
- 9.2 Members under the age of 19 will not possess or use alcohol or tobacco in any form during the event or at any social activities connected with the event.
- 9.3 Members 19 years and over will not possess or use alcohol in any form within the immediate area of an event, or competition site, and not in excess in the residence. Members will not supply alcohol to minors.
- 9.4 Tobacco smoking for Members over the age of 19 is strongly discouraged, and will only be allowed in designated smoking areas.
- 9.5 Any wilful damage to hotel rooms or other property shall be assessed to the account of the Member(s) involved.
- 9.6 All team members must recognize that the Team Manager is responsible for the Team and its actions, and they must adhere to guidelines set down by the Team Manager.
- A breach of any part of this code of conduct is sufficient grounds for a Member to be withdrawn from an event and to be sent home at his/her own expense, and/or result in removal from the Financial Assistance Program. Members are subject to the disciplinary policies and procedures of the SportAbility as presented the association’s Policy and Procedures Manual.
- I have read and understand the above statements and agree to conduct myself in a manner that demonstrates the standards established in the Member Agreement and Code of Conduct.
get in touch
Thank you for your interest. Feel free to call us or use the form below to reach us by email. We look forward to speaking with you.