Hiring: Executive director
JOIN OUR TEAM
SportAbility is looking for a full time Executive Director. SportAbility is a provincial sports association that focuses on providing sport and competition opportunities for athletes with physical disabilities. Our core sports are Boccia, Power Soccer, Para Soccer and Para Hockey.
Reporting to the Board of SportAbility, the Executive Director will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the association. The Executive Director will oversee the strategic direction of SportAbility including all aspects of financial management and partnership development.
POSITION: Executive Director
- TERM: Full Time salaried position with benefits
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 20, 2023
- START DATE: As soon as possible
- LOCATION: Vancouver, B.C.
- Help create an environment where athletes, participants, staff and volunteers thrive, express their talents and facilitates a culture that promotes SportAbility as a positive work place
- In collaboration with and for approval of the Board of Directors, set the strategic direction of the association
- Create an annual operation plan that supports the strategic plan
- In collaboration with and for approval of the Board of Directors establish the annual budget of the association
- Monitor and manage all expenditures, revenues and cash flow management
- Fund development of the association, including grant writing, fundraising initiatives and donation management
- Represent SportAbility at events to enhance the visibility, reputation and value of SportAbility
- Serve as the official spokesperson for any media inquiries
- Ensure internal systems and processes are in place including IT, payroll and database management
- Recruit, supervise and manage the performance of the staff team
- Oversee all administration of the association including scheduling of board meetings, annual general meetings, agendas, reporting, communication, etc.
- Ensure all programs and events under the SportAbility umbrella are following Safe Sport principles
The successful applicant will:
- Have Post-Secondary education in sport administration, physical education, coaching, or teaching or other related fields.
- Have a background in sport and non – profit leadership
- Have the ability to work with and relate to participants of all ages
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a knowledge of safe sport practices
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Be able to communicate effectively and have good written and oral communication skills.
- Complete a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector check
Assets that will be considered are:
- Proficient with social media
- Knowledge of the provincial and national sport system
Equal Opportunity Employer
SportAbility is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
The employer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please contact Ross MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ross MacDonald at email@example.com
Subscribe to our newsletter
Follow us on social media: