We’re starting a new segment called: Athlete Profile Friday. In an effort to build a closer relationship between our SportAbility athletes and the rest of our members, family, and just general audience, we will be featuring an athlete every Friday. We know how awesome our members are, and think everyone should get a chance to know them as well. If you would like to be featured, or know someone who would wouldn’t mind answering a few questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The first athlete that we are featuring to kick-off the segment is sledge hockey player, Bruce Reding. Here’s what he had to say to our questions:
- How long have you been playing sledge hockey? And what made you decide to start playing?
- I’ve been playing for 30 years and started when I was 4. My dad played the year before that and since I was too small to move the heavy sleds at the time, I had to wait.
- Have you played other competitive sports? If so which ones?
- I did track for about ten years and I played wheelchair basketball for 17 years.
- Do you have any favorite sports team(s)? Favorite athlete?
- My favorite sports team is the Vancouver Canucks and my favorite athlete is Trevor Linden.
- Do you have a favorite travel moment?
- Favorite travel moment would be flying to Buffalo, NY to play for the Canadian National Development team.
- If you were trapped on a deserted island, which actor/musician would you want with you?
- If I was trapped on a deserted island, I would want to be trapped with Will Smith. I love his movies and music.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- In my spare time I watch a lot of TV and movies.
- If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be and why?
- Caring, nice and fun would describe me. I’m always worried about other people and when it comes to sports, I always make sure others are enjoying themselves.
- What was the last movie you saw? Was it a good one?
- The last movie I saw was called Runner Runner and it had Justin Timberlake and Ben Afleck in it. I enjoyed it very much.